- In development Admin Console is deployed on demand the very first time someone access it. This will save memory and will speed up the development servers startup.
- Admin Console is now internally tuned for better response time.
- Light Weight Installer- Fine grained installer to reduce the footprint of the installation.
- Light Weight Runtime - If you are not using EJB, JMS, JCA you can disable those services to start WLS in a light weight mode.
- On Demand Internal Application Deployment - UDDI Explorer, Console, WS Test Client and their runtime can be be deployed on demand. This will also reduce the server's footprint when you are not using them.
- WLS 10.3 is shipping with JDK 6.
- Web 2.0 is now supported for building rich internet applications.
- Support for C# client with JMS will let .NET applications directly access JMS in WLS 10.3
and much more...
See http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/essex/TechPreview/pdf/feature_overview.pdf for more info.
Try WLS 10.3 TP